Join our team!
The Guild of European Research-Intensive Universities is looking for an Office and Events Manager to join its team in Brussels. Apply by 4 September!
The Guild is a new network of nineteen research-intensive universities from fourteen European countries. Founded in 2016, it has already made major contributions to the EU policy debate in the fields of research, innovation and education.
We are currently looking for an Office and Events Manager who will share in the success of the Guild by ensuring that the work of the network is supported by the effective management of all administrative matters.
The postholder will be part of an effective and dynamic team located in Brussels and composed of the Secretary-General, Head of Policy, Senior Policy Officer, Communications and Policy Officer and up to three interns (Junior Policy Officers).
Reporting to the Secretary-General and the Head of Policy, the postholder will:
- Ensure the smooth, effective and coordinated administration of the Guild office, including development and maintenance of office policies and procedures;
- manage the Guild’s finances and ensure financial diligence of the office;
- lead on all administrative matters, including the equipment of the office, provision of stationery, etc.;
- manage the team’s travel arrangements and expenses;
- provide enhanced diary support for the Secretary-General, including email support, as required;
- manage contact databases and mailing lists;
- manage the organisation of institutional meetings as well as high-profile public events, with the support of the Junior Policy Officers;
- liaise with external stakeholders for the organisation of joint events;
- liaise with external providers (payroll, accountants, phone/web provider, landlord, etc.).
Skills, Experience and Competencies
The ideal candidate will be an action-oriented, responsible and self-motivated person who is keen to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. He or she should have the following qualifications:
- Educated to degree level (or with commensurate professional experience) with a minimum of two years of relevant practical experience in the areas mentioned in the job description above;
- ability to take a high level of individual responsibility for seeing tasks through, as well as being an effective team player;
- excellent organisational skills (e.g. to develop new office systems) with demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload in a busy environment;
- excellent interpersonal skills gained through successful experience of dealing with a wide range of people, at varying levels of seniority;
- commitment to the values of the not-for-profit sector;
- excellent sense of diplomacy and discretion;
- experience in a multi-national European working environment;
- IT proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, conference call systems etc.;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- full working proficiency in written and oral English as well as French;
- positive and constructive attitude in an evolving environment.
We offer a permanent, full-time contract under Belgian law, with a competitive salary package. The optimal starting date would be 1 October, or as soon as possible thereafter.
The deadline for applications is 4 September 2017. Please send your applications (CV and cover letter) by e-mail to Prof. Jan Palmowski, Secretary-General of The Guild, at firstname.lastname@example.org.